Life is definitely a continuing Everest. The expedition to the top seems endless. But in my heart of hearts, I know that I would reach it as long as I never give up the voyage.
2011 is another challenging, roller-coaster ride (year) for me. I tried, I failed, I tried again, I failed again. But it ain’t stopping me from trying, from hoping, from living.
bits and pieces of 2011 life lessons:
1. FOCUS IS ESSENTIAL. You can never ever accomplish something when you are juggling one thought after another, one interest after another. Make up your mind. Focus on one thing and run it like a horse with BLINDERS.
2. TIME IS LIMITED. Lost time can never be recovered. Note to self: There is no such thing as “a time machine” so quit fantasizing about that movie and start valuing time. Also, stop regretting on lost time and start valuing the present. I ain’t infinite nor permanent. Time is limited.
3. LESS IS GOOD. I always thought that more is good! More things to enjoy, more tasks to do, more items to have. But sooner or later did I realize that all the other things I thought I need are just excess baggage - baggage that brought more harm than good and more burden than comfort. So less is good. Contentment is great gain!
4. STRIVE TO PRACTICE SELF-DISCIPLINE AT ALL COST. This is one of my greatest struggles. But I will continue to strive for this.
5. GOD IS GOOD. There is just no denying this. A God that never leaves me nor forsakes me. A God who is just and loving at the same time. His faithfulness is always new every morning. And in this unstable, changing, and fragile world, He is my safe refuge.
Happy New Year! (nuff said)